If you want to set up a business which can really help the community and earn you substantial revenue then you should considering selling medical marijuana in one of the legal states.
This unique service gives you complete guidance on starting a medical marijuana dispensary to learn what is required to set up a dispensary. It will save you time and take away the stress of applying to become a licensed marijuana dispensary. Your chances of having your application approved will increase. Also they provide additional guidance on how to run your marijuana dispensary or delivery service. The best info you can get about this is from Cannabis University.
The way things are going, cultivating and supplying legal marijuana has got to be a growth industry in more ways than one; in fact, it has been labelled the green rush. If you’re wondering how to get in on this burgeoning health care sector you are not alone.
Don’t be fooled into thinking this is easy money, though. Opening a medical marijuana dispensary is by no means straight-forward; neither is running one because, as far as federal law is concerned, marijuana – medical or not – is illegal, period.
In this article we give you some points to steer you in the right direction.
1. Create A Business Plan
2. Get Funding
Be realistic, you will need at least $30,000 to set up; this figure includes the following essentials:
- Security deposit
- Marijuana Dispensary Software
- Security guard
- Computer system
- Merchant Facilities for accepting credit cards
- Security system
- Display cases
- Legal Advice
- Guide to opening a medical marijuana dispensary
- Phone line
- Office equipment
It does not include:
- related merchandise
3. Form a Corporation
Just as with any other start up business, you need to create a business plan. Most medical marijuana lawyers recommend that you form a corporation for maximum protection. The type of corporation will depend on the law in your particular state; one thing is certain, you cannot open a Federal 501(c) (3) corporation because as far as the Federal Law is concerned, marijuana is illegal, period. Instead you need to open a C-corporation:
- Choose an available business name that complies with your state’s corporation rules
- Appoint the initial directors of your corporation
- File formal paperwork, usually called “articles of incorporation,” and pay a filing fee that ranges from $100 to $800, depending on the state where you are incorporating
- Create corporate “bylaws,” which lay out the operating rules for your corporation
- Hold the first meeting of your board of directors;
- Issue stock certificates to the initial owners (shareholders) of the corporation
- Obtain city and county business licenses, which will involve:
- Meetings with relevant city and county officials
- Meetings with relevant city and county government agencies
- Find your premises, which will involve:
- Discussing the current laws and possible liabilities with the potential landlord
- Design your dispensary floor plan and security procedures
- Design your record keeping system – this is vital
- Design your inventory control
- Design your forms :
- Patient registration and record cards
- Staff timesheets
- Daily stationery
As already stated, much of what you do will be governed by medical marijuana state-laws and, before you go any further, we strongly suggest you find a weed school and make yourself familiar with the laws for the state where you propose to open your marijuana dispensary.