It can’t have escaped your notice that we’re in the process of building up a very comprehensive directory of people you will need to contact if you want to legally use cannabis for medical purposes.

There exists, if you like, an essential triumvirate: medical marijuana dispensaries, medical marijuana cards, and medical marijuana doctors and, especially for those new to the world of medical marijuana, it can be difficult to navigate your way around the system.

We take our responsibilities as a leading provider of medical marijuana information very seriously indeed and, for this reason, we make it very clear in this section – and in the marijuana dispensary section – practitioners who come with our recommendation as distinct from the those in the ‘general’ listing.  Putting together such listings is, of necessity, a rather long-winded process; however, because we know that so many of you are desperately seeking this information, we have taken the decision to post it as and when it is available, rather than wait until the listings are complete.

On this page you will find a list of marijuana-prescribing physicians that come with our endorsement.  You will find the general listings by going to the state-by-state links as the appear below. (Please note the links will only be included as state listings are completed)

Marijuana Doctors California

Please join our forum discussion on medical marijuana doctors.


Author Dianne Morgan

More posts by Dianne Morgan

Join the discussion 45 Comments

  • dd says:

    Hello to you! I am looking for like minded friends in trumansburg, new york! Just moved here! I am also looking for medical marijuana in trumansburg, new york! Sure hope to hear from you soon! Peace!! DD

  • hopefull says:

    Anyone know of any in lower delaware. I live in Bethany Beach DE. Yes remote at the beach. Close to Dover, DE as the biggest city. I’d rather go to Maryland but, it’s not legal there. How do you get medical marijuana if you live in a remote area. I don’t assume it can be mailed. Appreciate any help

  • kenneth hawkins 2nd says:

    I have been trying to do this legal cannabis for awhile now and no one can seem to help me i have ptsd bad panic anxiety spine migraines i live in virginia im on about 13 meds daily i tryed the medical did miracales that means 2 meds and prop 215 cannabis i would live alot longer please anyone help me

  • joshua says:

    hi i was wondering if anyone knows of any good doctors in northern michigan around traverse city thanx i rlly need a doctor for my cronic knee and back and headaches thanx hope to get a reply soon

  • 11th State Consultations specializes in Rhode Island Medical Marijuana recommendations.
    Call 401-228-5184 to make an appointment.

  • Joni says:

    I am looking for a doctor in New Mexico, the albuquerque area or a close surrouning town would be good. Could anyone please help me. Thanks, Joni

  • Gary Buffett says:

    Currently marijuana is illegal to buy, sell, posses, or distribute in the Commonwealth of Virginia and sections 18.2-248.1, 18.2-250.1, and 18.2-251.1 of the Criminal Code mandate it as such. Virginia Code section 18.2-251.1, subsections A-C DO allow prescribed marijuana to patients with cancer and AIDS.

  • DrJilyBob says:

    I would like to find a marajuna doctors in washington state any help would be appeciated

  • Shawn Gamble says:

    I am looking for a list of Medical Marijuan Doctors in the Colorado. Along with Drs I also need a list of dispencories can you help me? Thank You Shawn Gamble

  • bigwoody says:

    can someone please email on Dr.s in Alaska who provide proper info for a medical card

    • John says:

      If you are in alaska you are allowed to have up to an ounce in your home so you really dont need to find a doctor, save your money.

  • megan says:

    Someone plez contact me @ for any helpful advice

  • megan says:

    I have had my life turned upside down just because I need to smoke marijuana.

    I am seriously thinking about moving to a canibis friendly state just so I can continue my
    Life …I live in cullman alabama…a bunch of hipicrits…iv lost my kids and not even allowed to see them
    Because I failed 1 drug test for marijuana …..I have no record no arrests ..iv begged for follow up tests because iv had to quit …I can’t even get a court date.

    I have no idea what to do iv already quit smoking marijuana and now have to take an obscene amount of lortabs (prescribed). I have sever cronic back pain and have had it since I was 4 …iv smoked marijuana since I was 9 years old it helps my pain so much …I need advice on what exactly to do.

    • Anna Fuller says:

      Honey you seriously need to get a lawyer and get those babies back.

      just bcuz you smoke weed does not make you a bad person, I do have to agree with you and with every1 else that it does help with chronic pain. I myself suffer with scoliosis and my hips are basically fcked so yeah she does help with the pain….tremendously!!!!! Hell of a lot better than takin pills all the damn time that’s for sure!!!

      Since you stopped smokin there shouldn’t be a problem with you gettin another drug test or a court date….but hey let me tell you our judicial system fckin blows….I personally know, they have screwed my family over, my uncle got murdered in Houston bck in 2001 and the Homicide Department didn’t do a fckin thing….there time is cmin though cuz it’s NOT right and theres no justice but there will be for my uncle….and in Dallas my brother got done away with by the DEA cuz he knew too mch and threw him out and let em lay on the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport property 4 11 months like he was a piece of trash.

      Therefore my brother was just bones so you tell me if we get treated right and fare….NO WE DON’T!! which isn’t right at all….IT FCKIN SUX….cuz now I don’t have my brother and my nephew don’t have his dad!!!! So I say FCK THE GOVERNMENT….THERE ALL DIRTY AS HELL!!!!! That’s my opinion….so do what you gotta do to get them babies bck girl!!!! Cheerin for ya….100%!!!!!!!

  • James Tate says:

    Any doctors in the Las Cruces area

  • Sfbaythc says:

    I have heard a lot of good things about SF bay thc, the doctors, and their services. Their very compassionate, fast, and accommodating. The ID cards are signed by the doctor and issued at the time of the visit. They have been serving the bay area for more than 6 years. I would definitely rank this one of the best clinics in San Jose, California area. Visit for more information.

  • agamy says:

    Hey Jim, Have you found any doctor in Las Cruces?

  • Don says:

    I’m looking for a doctor in the Stockton or madesto area your website only gave doctors in so cal please help

  • backpain1 says:

    Can anyone recommend a pain specialist in new mexico who will write a letter of support to go with my MD paperwork for severe chronic back pain?

  • backpain1 says:

    hello, I have approval from my MD for med marijuana but cannot locate a new mexico pain specialist to write a letter of support. any recommendations would be helpful.

  • Larry G says:

    I have been injured in auto accidents and take pain meds everyday 2 or 3 times. Headaches and other aches and pains. This has been going on for the last 6 years,I’m sick of all the pills and would be interested in trying marijuana as an alternative.

    I live in Florida which does not (at this time) have medical marijuana. I don’t want to beak any laws so I hope you can give me some avenues to check.

  • If you are looking to get your Medical Marijuana card in Montana or Michigan or are looking for any medical marijuana information give us a call and we’ll help you out.

    Montana Caregivers Network/ CannabisCare+

  • norm thompson says:

    I live in Bullhead city Arizona and have Hep-C can you tell me of a good doctor. ( I am also a proud share holder of MJNA )

  • kenny says:

    im 70 years old and i have a hunger problem. My wife gets mad at me when i never eat. I went to the doctor and they said i have a hunger dissorder. Basically its feels like i ate but i didnt. The docter prescribed me a whole bunch of pills.

    Then he told me about medical weed, so i tried it. I got a card and now i can buy medical weed. its helps with the hunger allot… also you feel great. Now i can eat and feel good. thnx medical marijuana.

  • Mike V says:

    Thank you for publishing this most imformative & needed information. I am a disabled veteran suffering from a plethora of related active duty medical problems. My physician prescribes enough medication to choke a horse. They offer very little relief. I am most encouraged with the planned use of medicinal marijuana. Kind regards, MV

  • montanacaregiver says:

    if you need a medical marijuana doctor in montana please contact or we will be happy to help in any way we can.

  • maryann alfaro says:

    need a dr. near the New Mexico area. If anyone know of one….PLEASE RESPOND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! thank you so much

  • shelly edwars says:

    looking for a medical marjuana doctor in Maine.

  • Mary McKinney says:

    I live in Philadelphia Pa.

    I heard that pot is league in the state of New Jersey which is 5 minits away from me. can i go to a doctor and get a pot card if i live in phila,Pa?

    All my cameo was done in Jersey but my doctors are in philadelphia. I am in a lot of pain from my cameo therapy, my feet ache all day from neophyte, i have pram any pertinal cancer and colon cancer and i am in remission now, but severe pain in feet and hands and back. i do smoke pot and that really works along with methadone, if there is any help you can give me i would be vary great full.

    Thanks Mary McKinney,Phila.Pa

  • Paul says:

    Is there anyway that someone in Florida can get a MM card? I have chronic stomach problems and have been hospitalized 5 times in the last 12 months. I also have hepatitis C and have lost 90lbs. in the same 12 mo. period. the illness I deal with daily has forced me out of work as I am unable to function with my painful condition.

  • maj. dick says:

    I live in sothern new mexico the butt crack of the world! Can any body help me find a doctor here?

  • John says:

    I am a 53 yr. old disabled American currently living in a Nazi state where this important medicine will never be allowed.

    Is there ways to find my needed resources outside of my state as I am married and can not move due to my wife recently has been hired after being laid off and I have a 17 yr. old in high school. I have suffered from chronic neck and back pain with Fibromyalgia to boot for 24 years.

    I am under a pain doctor regimen of pain medicine that is very strong. I know I am probably out of luck but it never hurts to ask as I have once been a grower and user for past 38 yrs. Until Doctor started urine testing which forced me off natures best remedy. One day I will relocate to favored state but stuck now here in deep south. Depressed Patient!

  • k u says:

    Any recommendations? I, too, need to find a doctor in WA. will travel to do so. Thanks,

  • k u says:

    Were you ever able to get a recommendation for a doctor? I live in the Leavenworth area and thinking of moving more NE and need to find a doctor, too. Any recommendations?

  • David Johnson says:

    I am looking for a doctor for my sister in Auburn Washington area.

  • beth cantor says:

    Trying to locate a doctor and dispensary in Rhose Island. Just moved from Vegas where there a plenty available. Thanks

  • James says:

    I went to and had no problem with getting my card. I had an exam and when i took the letter to the clubs I easily got my card!

  • James says:

    I went to this place in Modesto. I had no problem getting a card after seeing the doctor there.

  • Kim Nelson says:

    I need a Dr in North Westen Washington.

  • Jean Thomas says:

    trying to locate a doctor in Auburn, California.

  • Chris says:

    I’m looking for a doctor around Lynnwood, WA – thanks!

  • charles russo says:

    looking to locate a docter in vermont! thanx !!

  • colin says:

    Looking for a doctor in Pasco, Kennewick, or Richland WA.

  • jim says:

    Trying to locate a Doctor in Anthony,Chaparral or Las Cruces N.M area.

  • Pamela Walker says:

    Trying to locate a Doctor in MIchigan

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.