This recipe for a healing, milky, marijuana drink is from the Wo/man’s Alliance for Medical Marijuana .
The original recipe is from India, where it is known as Vijai. The resulting liquid is very digestible and is excellent for nauseous patients or those with little appetite. At the standard dose the effects last for around eight hours.
- Appetite loss
- Muscle spasms
- Medical Marijuana: 8 grams (6 level tablespoons ground). Refer to our marijuana strain guide to choose something for specific medical conditions.
- Almonds: 35 whole blanched (40 grams)
- Peppercorns, 15 whole black (4/10th gram)
- Cardamom Seeds, 1 teaspoon (2 1/2 grams)
- Anise Seeds, 1 teaspoon (1 1/2 grams)
- Saffron, 30 pistols (1/10th gram) California saffron is the 1/3rd the price and fresher
- Vanilla Rice Dream, 1 quart. May substitute milk, vanilla vita soy, pacific vanilla soy milk or Almond flavored Amazake
- 1 Quart Water
- 1/2 teaspoon rosewater. Carlo brand imported from India is the best tasting
- 1/3 cup sugar-increase to 1/2 cup if using milk or leaf instead of bud
- 3 wide mouth qt. Jars
- electric coffee bean grinder
- large regular strainer
- 3″ fine strainer
- super fine gold wire permanent coffee filter
- Melitta 36 filter cone to hold wire filter
- 2 soup pans or one pan and one big bowl
- measuring cup and spoons
- dinner plate for the strained sediment
- cooking timer
- medium stiff rubber scrapper
- gallon glass jar or coffee pot upon which to put the Molita cone
- pancake turner used to keep the mixture off the sides of the pan while stirring
- Blend all the ingredients together into a crock-pot and simmer on the lowest heat for a few hours, being careful not to scald the milk. The longer you let the ingredients dilute, the more potent it will be.
- The tribal members who used this recipe centuries prepared vijai by blending the ingredients and using sun-tea brewing methods to allow for a complete dilution.
Join the discussion 4 Comments
That is very fine recipy. One thing one might want to recall that you can use olive oil instead of butter- when preparing tea and cookies..:)
All the Best
Is this something that can be taken fresh only, does it matter whether you chill before drinking?
I would assume that straining the mixture so that you only have the tea remaining would be the next step. This sounds amazing. I practice Vedic medicine, and this is an excellent example of utilizing all 6 tastes, creating balance in the 3 doshas. Thanks for the recipe!
This is somewhat confusing. You list all those utensils but don’t tell us what to do with them. What do you do after you’ve simmered the ingredients in the crock pot?