Whatever your medical condition, there’s not a lot better than good home cooking to make you feel better. This recipe will result in a mouth-wateringly moist banana loaf with that ‘added extra.’ To ensure that it is even better than just good, choose a marijuana strain that is recommended for your particular illness.
PREP TIME: 25 Min
BAKE TIME: 1 Hr
READY IN: 1 Hr 25 Min
- 2 cups (10 ounces) flour, plus more for dusting the pan
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (5 1/4 ounces) sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed well
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped coarse
- A good amount of your chosen weed, ground or chopped
- 350° farenheit
- Gas mark 4
- Preheat oven. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan; dust with flour, tapping out the excess.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter and stir in your marijuana. Make sure all surfaces are covered with the butter. THC is fat soluble, so the long you leave the weed soak, the more potent your banana bread will be. This is a good store cupboard item anyway – we’ll call it green butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, green butter, and vanilla with a wooden spoon.
- Lightly fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined and the batter looks thick and chunky.
- Fold in walnuts as carefully as possible. Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until the loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with very few crumbs, about 55-70 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. (The bread can be wrapped with plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 3 days).