Darren Miller’s Cannabis Journey
- In July 2015, Darren Miller, a resident of Illinois, was admitted to hospital with an array of unusual symptoms. Several days later, after undergoing an open-heart surgery, doctors told him he had Stage 4 lung cancer. They further added that he only had six months to live. 6 months later, Darren proved doctors wrong. In fact, with the help of cannabis oil, he rid himself of cancer.
- Miller wasn’t a stranger to pot’s healing power. When he received his cancer diagnosis, he utilized the plant to help his Multiple Sclerosis condition. Over the years, he has developed a passion on the healing properties of cannabis. Actually, he’s doing the equivalent of shouting from the rooftop about it.
- Pot is beneficial to cancer patients in many ways. The following are some of the benefits marijuana offers to patients suffering from cancer:
1. Skin Irritations
– Patients undergoing traditional cancer treatments undergo irritating ailments such as developing a skin rash and feeling itchy. Luckily, cannabis contains compounds, which are potent anti-inflammatory agents. What does that mean? It simply means that they’re helpful at calming minor inflammation-based allergic reactions such as allergic dermatitis. According to this interview research, featuring cancer patients utilizing medical cannabis discovered that patients enjoyed relief from the drug’s itchy side effects. While a good number of patients inhaled cannabis or consumed oral pot, you can also topically apply it in salves and balms.
– Diarrhea and constipation are possible side effects of cancer treatment. The latter is often associated with imbalances in bacterial communities within the intestinal tract. Extensive studies indicate that cannabis compounds have the ability to alter the bacteria ration in the gut thus promoting a much more balanced internal ecosystem.When it comes to diarrhea, it’s normally associated with inflammation within the intestinal tract. It can equally be a side effect of the conventional cancer treatments. Research opines that pot can drastically reduce the inflammation, which contributes highly to intestinal distress
3.Weight Management and Appetite
-In addition to vomiting, nausea, and pain, loss of appetite is a potential side effect of the chemotherapy drugs. Cannabis normally stimulates the sudden increase in appetite. Too many cancer patients, this is surely a welcome relief. Not only does marijuana tap into the cell receptor system, which stimulates the release of primary hunger hormone ghrelin, it also boosts pleasure response to food within the brain. In doing that, you’ll not only become more hungry but you’ll also experience high enjoyment levels from eating.
– Chronic pain tops the list of severe side effects of cancer treatments and cancer itself. Additionally, it’s one of the reasons that patients seek out recommendations for medical cannabis. Actually, a survey of Canadian medical cannabis patients discovered that 60% of respondents chose to utilize marijuana to manage cancer symptoms compared to pharmaceutical drugs. Of that number, around 30 of them admitted that preferred cannabis in comparison to prescription painkillers.
5. Mental Health and Well-Being
– Going through a serious health condition can take a toll on your mental health. Cannabis is magical when it comes to mood stimulating and euphoric properties. The highly popular choice among many cannabis patients suffering from mental conditions is the upbeat and happy ‘high’ caused by psychoactive THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). Additionally, non-psychotropic cannabidiol (CBD) not only helps to promote a great sense of well-being, it’s also handy for improving mood.
According to extensive studies conducted on rodents, scientists discovered that CBD is handy at drastically boosting levels of neurotransmitter serotonin. This is the molecule that’s targeted by popular antidepressant drugs. While a good number of depressants take a number of weeks to be active, preclinical research opines that CBD starts to exert positive effects after just one dose.
– While many people are aware of the many benefits of marijuana to patients suffering from cancer, the drug’s legal status prevents researchers in most countries from offering thorough evidence. Rather, scientists tend to be restricted to only the study of the effects of chemicals isolated from pot. That certainly misses the full picture.
Thankfully, according to this study in Israel and many others, it’s quite evident that marijuana is highly beneficial to cancer patients. The above are just some of the ways it helps.
Join the discussion 2 Comments
Very intresting article! Cannabis is good for health as a medical point of view.
Incredible post about Marijuana Benefits, Thanks for sharing it.