A detox is a process of removing some unwanted substances out of the system with an objective to clean up the body from harmful toxins. In this article, we will take a look at practical ways to detox the body from marijuana by flushing out THC, which is the primary psychoactive chemical compound residing in cannabis plants.
When do we need a detox from marijuana?
There can be several probable reasons for which getting THC out of the system becomes essential for pot smokers.
They are as follows:
- Passing a drug test.
- Quit smoking weed.
- Tolerance break.
- Improving general health and wellness.
How do we detox?
The process of detoxification can be simple or challenging, depending upon the degree of prior consumption of the substance. Usually, the best methods of marijuana detox are the self-cleansing processes that effectively influence the body towards natural elimination of the THC. Following are the most effective ways and remedies for detoxification from cannabinoids:
- Drinking plenty of water. This is the most important step of any detox. It significantly assists in cleaning up the body cells by removing toxins of various kinds with urine. The more is the water intake, the more urine gets passed, and more toxic substances, including marijuana traces leave the body. This method helps to pass the urine drug test, which is the most popular form of a drug testing.
- Exercise. Fat cells of the body are the storage of THC. More fat tissues in the body leads to more extended period of detox. Cardio exercises, jogging and weight lifting burn excess fat and intensify metabolism thereby accelerating the natural body cleansing processes. Activities that improve mental health during detoxification, like meditation and yoga, are crucial in overcoming side effects, such as depression and anxiety.
- Healthy diet. Foods that have high sodium, fat and sugar content such as soft drinks and junk foods are to be avoided as they lead to a sluggish metabolism and impair the process of THC withdrawal. A healthy nutritious diet containing lean meats, green leafy vegetables like spinach with high iron content and vitamins, foods which are rich in fibers like berries and peas will serve as the best nutrition to assist the detoxification process.
- Drinking more teas. Another satisfying and straightforward way to get rid of THC is the regular intake of tea. You can choose from herbal teas which are high in antioxidants, or specialized liver cleansing teas.
- Detox drinks and kits. Beverages that have such ingredients as Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Alfalfa, Guarana, Echinacea are very useful for marijuana detox. Cannabis users can choose from a lot of options available on the market now. Detox kits containing herbal drinks and capsules are even more effective in toxin removal. Moreover, many of them have included home drug tests, that are intended to make certain that the body was cleansed from marijuana successfully.
It is essential to know and understand all the pros and cons, while opting for these cleansing methods, if you want to choose the best for you.