In order to maximize your vaping experience and to get the best results out of your vaping device over the long run, regular maintenance is key. Keeping things clean and tidy will ensure all the components work as they should and you get the results you are expecting each and every time. Here is the beginner’s introduction to cleaning your vaporizer:
Understanding the Parts of Your Vaporizer
To follow our dry herb vaporizer cleaning tips, you’ll first need to understand the components of your device:
- The Tank: The part that holds your e-liquid and is often combined with the atomizer as a single unit.
- The Coil: The primary heating element that warms up your e-liquid and converts it to a vapor.
- The Battery: The power source that runs the vaporizer and powers up the systems so everything works.
All dry herb vaporizers have these basic components. They may look different and be located in slightly different places, but you will need to know about these three components above all the others in order to clean your vaping device correctly.
When to Clean Your Vape Device
Simply rinsing out the tank and mouthpiece can help ensure old e-liquid is not mixing with new flavors you are adding. It will also help reduce residue build up that could impact your dry herb vaporizer’s performance. One every week or two, depending on how much you are using your vaping devices, a throughout cleaning may be required to keep things working at optimal levels. Of course, if you start to notice performance and taste is dropping, it may be time for a deeper cleaning so us that as a sign that it is time for more than just a quick rinse.
The Simple Rinse
For general quick cleaning here are the basic steps you can follow:
- Fill a bowl with warm water.
- Remove the tank from mod following manufacturer’s directions.
- Discard any e-liquid that may be left in the tank.
- Completely disassemble your tank.
- Place the various components of your tank system into the bowl.
- Wash tank components – use a few drops of dish detergent if needed.
- Dry off each component with a paper towel.
- Let the pieces lay out and air dry fully for 10-15 minutes.
- Reassemble tank and device.
- Turn the vape mod back on and use as you normally would.
The Deep Clean
To clean your portable miqro vaporizer more thoroughly you can try the following steps:
- Detach the tank system from the vape mod according to instructions.
- Dispose of any e-liquid that may be still remaining in the tank.
- Completely disassemble your tank and prepare you alcohol cleaning solution.
- High-proof and non-flavored vodka works best as a solvent to clean e-liquids.
- Dampen a cloth or paper towel with the vodka and wash all areas of the tank.
- Wipe thoroughly and rinse with warm water.
- A few drops can pe pours into areas not accessible with a rag.
- Let stand and air dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Reassemble your vaping device.
- Turn your vape mod on and continue using as normal.
Clean or Replace Coils?
No matter how meticulous you may be with keeping your vaporizer clean, there will eventually come a time when the coils will start to die out and fail. Unfortunately, there’s nothing you can do really to clean coils and bring them back to life. If you wet them, they short out and stop working entirely so they cannot really be cleaned. Coils have a huge influence on flavor, and the more you vape, the more often you’ll need to change your coil. Replacing the coil is easy and surprisingly affordable so it is the best way to address issues with your coil failing. Here are some indicators for when it is time to replace the coils:
- It is visibly dark, crusted, burned, or damaged.
- You get a “burnt” taste, even after a good cleaning has been done.
- Your atomizer is beginning to show signs of leaking.
- You are experiencing decreased vapor production.
- You are not getting the level for performance you once were even with cleaning.
Changing the coil in your portable vaporizer is relatively simple, but every vape mod is a little different, so it is important to refer to the manufacture’s insurrections. Here are the basic steps that usually need to be followed to replace the coils in a vaporizer:
- Remove tank.
- Discard e-liquid.
- Unscrew coil from tank.
- Screw in new coil.
- Reattach tank to device.
- Turn mod on and use as normal.
Contact Us for More Assistance
Of course, every portable dry herb vaporizer is a little different so if you have questions about a particular vape or have specific questions about your personal vaporizer and how to best clean it, give us a call today! We would be happy to help you get the best vaping experience out of your vaporizer once again!