In California there is no state regulation or standard of the cultivation and/or distribution medical marijuana. California leaves the establishment of any guidelines to jurisdiction at a county level.
As of November 2009, all but 3 counties had implemented a medical marijuana program. The status of the remaining three counties is as follows:
- Mariposa: Pending
- Sutter: Pending
- Colusa: Implementation date unknown (we will update you when more is known).
To Register for a Medical Marijuana Card in California
- Contact your county using this A to Z Listing of Medical Marijuana County Programs
- Complete the Medical Marijuana Program Application/Renewal Form
- Ask your physician to complete the Written Documentation of Patient’s Medical Records
- Mail your completed forms to:
P.O. Box 997377
Sacramento, CA 95899-7377
If you have any more questions please contact the Californian Department of Public Health.
Medical Marijuana Card Application Fees:
State Admin Fees: $66.00 Patient/Caregiver $33.00 Medi-Cal Patients
Please note these are the State administration fees only; Counties add on their own administration fees. For the actual cost in your county please contact your county medical marijuana program