Marijuana butter is so simple to make it’s a wonder that more people don’t do it. It is also a very efficient method of getting the active parts of the marijuana plant into your system because they are oil soluble. In fact, a butter made with cannabis will contain around an 80% extraction of the original plant matter.
The body likes oils and finds the essences within it easy to assimilate – some older readers will have memories of cod-liver oil taken every morning. Our moms knew something – by feeding us the dire stuff they were ensuring that we got enough Vitamin D to protect us from rickets. If you are using medical marijuana to treat a health condition, then this is a good alternative way of getting your medicine.
Ingredients for Marijuana Butter
- 1.5 liters/6 cups of water
- 112gms/4oz marijuana leaf
- 450gms/1llb butter or margarine
How to Make your Marijuana Butter
- Put the water into a large pan and put on the hob to warm
- Add the marijuana leaf and butter/margarine
- Bring to a rolling boil then cover the pot
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 2 hours
- Stir occasionally and keep covered so that you don’t lose the precious liquid to evaporation
- Put a colander over a large bowl to collect the liquid
- Strain the contents of the pan through the colander
- Squeeze the leaves until they’re dry as you can get them
- Pour 0.5 liters/3 cups boiling water over the leaves in the colander and repeat the squeezing
- Leave the mixture to cool for a couple of hours
- The mixture in the bowl will separate; the layer of fat on top of the water is your cannabis butter. The water content can be discarded.
To use your cannabis butter just substitute it for ordinary butter in recipes. Be careful though, well made marijuana butter can be very potent indeed!